Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thread for Plague Carriers - Who's got a case of the Bradfields? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51445)

MDWill 13-10-2009 02:26

Thread for Plague Carriers - Who's got a case of the Bradfields?

A number of us have caught a slight cold, suspected to have mysteriously appeared after hugging and handshaking JDB as much as we could, myself included. So who else willing to out themselves? Who's got a nasty case of the Bradfields? Does anyone think it's got something to do with post tour blues? Anyone have any remedies?

I've kept myself whacked out of my skull on tylenol and tea all day, and it seems effective, thought that took forever for me to figure out because when I woke up this morning, I felt completely hung over, complete with no motor skills, which is a motherfucker when you didn't get to partake in the process one normally undergoes to get there.

TheCatInTheHat 13-10-2009 02:33

I was sick from Thursday night until Sunday Night. I met James on Tuesday in Philadelphia and did walk into the cold cold night on Wednesday while sweaty after the show but I still blame him :lol:

beautyfindsrefuge 13-10-2009 02:39

I had an awful cough on the Thursday and Friday after the Philly show, but that was my only symptom!

i blame history 13-10-2009 02:44

I was getting over the flu at the time. I'd feel pretty bad if I got him sick.

However, my husband has not been sick...

MDWill 13-10-2009 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by i blame history (Post 1843912)
I was getting over the flu at the time. I'd feel pretty bad if I got him sick.

It was YOU!!!! Vector! VECTOR!!! :P

i blame history 13-10-2009 03:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDWill (Post 1843913)
It was YOU!!!! Vector! VECTOR!!! :P

But unlike my husband, I never did kiss James, sadly :( CHANCES ARE SLIM THAT I AM THE CULPRIT!

...I was going to edit this so it wouldn't sound like my husband had the fortune of kissing James, but you know what, screw it... I like that imagery :)

Bryter Layter 13-10-2009 03:25

I've been sick as hell for a few days now and though I know I got it at the Toronto gig, it certainly wasn't from James. One of you kids probably gave it to him last week when you were manhadling him rather than the other way around. :)

Hope you all feel better soon and that includes Mr Bradfield!

MDWill 13-10-2009 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatPretender (Post 1843927)
Hope you all feel better soon and that includes Mr Bradfield!

Well, of course he'll be fine, he has all the antibodies :P

psychosweetie 13-10-2009 03:56

The day after the Boston show, I couldn't speak, turn my head, or go eight seconds without having an intense coughing fit.

Also, James said that one of my friends got him ill, but I think we all know it was the other way around, most likely!

Ben 13-10-2009 07:35

:lol: Love the thread title. Littlebabyeverything has a cold as well now. If she will insist on standing at the front and getting sweated on by James then what can she expect :P...

Mary Chain 13-10-2009 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradfieldsLoveChild (Post 1843988)
:lol: Love the thread title. Littlebabyeverything has a cold as well now. If she will insist on standing at the front and getting sweated on by James then what can she expect :P...

He was doing a lot of spitting and nose-clearing as well so I'm attributing my cold to that. :S Like you said, we were in the firing line so what can we expect...

MrsCarbohydrate 13-10-2009 09:39

Ash and I are both really ill- not a pleasant twelve hour journey home!

Off to bed now...

Takk 13-10-2009 11:50

It's probably a secret plan by Sean to ensure they never have to play again :p

MDWill 13-10-2009 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takk (Post 1844081)
It's probably a secret plan by Sean to ensure they never have to play again :p

No wonder he was so happy and social ha ha he was already celebrating!

Deets 13-10-2009 12:43

damn, I virtually caught a bag from you :(