View Single Post
Old 20-05-2022, 01:53
Born to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPKYE View Post
The BBC Radio Wales stuff you might be able to find in the National Library of Wales but a brief browse of their catalogue doesn't bring up anything close, though the descriptions are brief. Maybe it was something in Rachel's archive?

If you can find someone with an university login that has access to Box Of Broadcasts, since February/March they've had access to the whole digitised BBC Archive so it might be on there or requestable at least. Wish I still had access to it, there's a few early Manics TV & Radio appearances that have never made it to the internet
Thank you for the suggestion! I borrowed a uni login from a friend and checked it, and sadly the Box of Broadcasts doesn't seem to go back that far either. It similarly seems to stop in the early 2000s. I did do a little digging to try and figure out when Tim Rogers was working for BBC Radio Wales, and it looks like he moved to ITN in March '97, so it would have had to be before that.

That radio programme and the Nicky quote about fearing someone might have harmed Richey are the only two I've been unable to find sources for. I'm sure the radio programme exists, but I assume it wasn't archived or perhaps just hasn't yet been digitized. The quote baffles me because it sounds so unlike any other quote from the band at the time, and I can't find it in any of my searches on MSPpedia or with a uni login on ProQuest/Gale/ArticlesPlus. It's also the one I question because of SHR's post here asking for its source and the lack of response there.

(I will be posting the final writeup on my wordpress account https://jesuisgourde.wordpress.com/ when I finally finish it in the next week or two. It's much longer than anticipated but I'll make a TL;DR summary version too, I think.)

Last edited by pocketcat; 21-05-2022 at 04:04.