Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 26-08-2021, 21:34
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Yes! Good lad. Now play it live, thanks.

Really good interview though.
Considering they have about 7 guitarists on stage these days they should be able to play it no problem.
Old 26-08-2021, 21:53
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

IA is pure three piece though, plus poor Sean would have drum roll himself into oblivion every night. I hope they do play it but that's one that needs a shit tonne of rehearsing.

Not sure why he's so ambivalent about Faster, that has always been a set staple. Never felt like it required the band to get in that mindset for the entire gig. I guess we were lucky to get two THB tours but it still would be nice to hear the odd track like Faster or Yes.

It definitely does seem that the band have found a new appreciation for Lifeblood so hopefully we'll get that rerelease in a few years.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 27-08-2021, 01:23
Doors slowly closing

Playing Faster really is as simple as putting it in the set list really. Spare us the dramatics
V2002 • Move 2003 • V2006 • KoKo 2006 • Culture Show 2007 • Album Chart Show 2007 • XFM 2007 • V2007 • Glastonbury 2007 • Astoria 2007 • London Brixton 2007 • NME Awards 2008 • NME Big Gig 2008 • Forever Heavenly 2008 • Roundhouse 2009 • Forum 2009 • Concert for Care 2009 • XFM Winter Wonderland 2010 • Brixton Academy 2011 • Blackwood Miners Institute 2011 • Roundhouse 2011 • O2 2011 • Rough Trade East 2012 • Shepherds Bush 2013 • Brixton 2014 • Glastonbury 2014 • Rough Trade East 2014 • Acoustic Guitar Show 2014 • London Roundhouse 2014 • Cardiff Castle 2015 • London On Blackheath 2015 • London Royal Albert Hall 2016 • Swansea Liberty Stadium 2016 • Wembley Arena 2018 • Shepherds Bush 2019 • Kingston Pryzm 2021 x2 • Wembley Arena 2021 • Glastonbury 2023 • Alexandra Palace 2024 (40)
Old 27-08-2021, 15:49
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
Playing Faster really is as simple as putting it in the set list really. Spare us the dramatics

I guess they really are not in the mood to be that version of thenselves these days.
Old 27-08-2021, 16:55
Builder of routine

Yeah they've played faster before the anniversary gigs and James has done this is yesterday accoustic - wasn't that one Nicky's lyrics ? They could do revol too no? No one knows what that's about anyway
Old 29-08-2021, 16:08
Winterlover

I thought intravenous agnostic was a bunch of layered guitars? If that’s the case then fine, let them earn their session fees but just play it.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 31-08-2021, 23:37
Winterlover

https://thequietus.com/articles/3041...a-vivid-lament

Speaking of the quietus.

I know msppedia have this catalogued already but i like the quietus coverage of the manics, they seem to get them. Some really honest stuff in there about nicky losing both his parents as well. Hearing the tracks we have along with nicky talking about the themes of the album and where they're at as a band and as people really gives the album title some weight and is making me kind of love it more.
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.
Old 01-09-2021, 05:24
Freed from the century

Yeah, I love the Quietus and enjoy their consistent Manics coverage. But it is ODD as they do not really fit with 95% of the music they cover. Not complaining though!
Old 02-09-2021, 21:31
I am purity, they call me perverted

Will be good to see the Manics on 'Sunday Brunch' again. I wonder who'll be cooking and which song they play this time. I think they played International Blue before.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:35
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosetree View Post
Will be good to see the Manics on 'Sunday Brunch' again. I wonder who'll be cooking and which song they play this time. I think they played International Blue before.
Will they be on there? I'll record it if so I guess it'll perhaps be their only TV appearance sadly. Wonder if they'll get a slot on Jools Holland when it is next on?
Old 03-09-2021, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Will they be on there? I'll record it if so I guess it'll perhaps be their only TV appearance sadly. Wonder if they'll get a slot on Jools Holland when it is next on?
Yes they're on Sunday 12th September at 9.30🍹 I was hoping they appear on Jools Holland also next series, I think it starts in Autumn also the new year show, hopefully.
Old 03-09-2021, 20:15

Quote:
Me too. Couldn’t imagine 30 years ago having accepted, thought or said that.
Old 03-09-2021, 20:55
Winterlover

Quote:
None of them will be cooking, the guests don't do that anymore since it came back after lockdown ended so we'll be denied that delight.
Old 03-09-2021, 22:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanestgreenmeme View Post
Me too. Couldn’t imagine 30 years ago having accepted, thought or said that.
I don't think they would have accepted, though it would've been perfect at the time. I've seen a few early shows they accepted on youtube, maybe Richey would have complied a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
None of them will be cooking, the guests don't do that anymore since it came back after lockdown ended so we'll be denied that delight.
Aw that's a disappointment. I wonder if they'll be interviewed even, at least they could chat about the album and play the show out.
I think it's always good to see their actual interviews or truth in objective perspective.

Last edited by rosetree; 04-09-2021 at 07:26.
Old 15-09-2021, 21:51
Bored out of my mind

There's an interview with James on the HMV website: https://www.hmv.com/music/manic-stre...ment-interview