Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 07-10-2021, 10:41
I am purity, they call me perverted

14/10/21 - Brighton Dome

Hi all,

Was just hoping for some clarification/reassurance about the tickets. Ticketmaster have sent me regular paper tickets but looking at the Dome website, they are saying to bring e-tickets?

Has anyone else who’s going gotten paper tickets as well?
Old 07-10-2021, 13:54

I got sent a paper ticket.
Old 07-10-2021, 14:16
Freed from the century

I got a paper ticket from Ticketmaster a couple of weeks ago. Maybe we should call them and check...
Old 07-10-2021, 14:24

I think the Dome are referring to tickets they distribute themselves through their own box office. Their Covid-19 questions section says 'We are now issuing e-tickets across all of our events, please be ready to show them on your smartphone or printed out with your code visible to our staff for your admission.'

A printed out code is a paper ticket...
Old 07-10-2021, 18:26
Builder of routine

Mine's a paper ticket. Yay
Old 14-10-2021, 15:07
Bored of being bored

Last night of the tour (kind of...) by my calculations if Motown Junk doesn't make the setlist tonight it'll be the first ever Manics tour* not to feature it :-(

* I'm not including album playback tours in this statistic
Old 14-10-2021, 15:35
Knowlede Is Power

They didn't play it at any of the Resistance Is Futile dates either. I don't think they've played it live at all since the (pre)-Futurology tour in spring/summer 2014, and I'm sure they said at the time they were retiring it for good.

I was looking at some of the Rewind/Futurology setlists recently and I was really surprised to see it on there, I've no memory of hearing it on those tours. Listened to it a few times recently and I do miss it in the live set a little bit, but there's so much other material I'd like to hear more.
Old 14-10-2021, 15:46
Builder of routine

Ha is it too fast for him to sing now? I find it utterly impossible

I'm sure the last time they played Brighton they played design first. Will they do that again?
Old 14-10-2021, 15:53
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
They didn't play it at any of the Resistance Is Futile dates either. I don't think they've played it live at all since the (pre)-Futurology tour in spring/summer 2014, and I'm sure they said at the time they were retiring it for good.

I was looking at some of the Rewind/Futurology setlists recently and I was really surprised to see it on there, I've no memory of hearing it on those tours. Listened to it a few times recently and I do miss it in the live set a little bit, but there's so much other material I'd like to hear more.
Played at the last night of the RiF tour at Cardiff apparently. I was at those Futurology dates (if you could call it a tour) and have no memory of it either. Would happily welcome it instead of Slash n Burn which seems to have become a permanent fixture on the setlist these days.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 14-10-2021, 16:16
Bored of being bored

Have vivid memories of it on the pre-Futurology tour at Edinburgh... for some reason somebody near the front decided that the intro to Motown Junk was a good point to climb on their mate's shoulders... which then prompted everyone around them to tell him to get down before he got himself hurt in the ensuring bouncing mass!

My slightly controversial opinion on Slash n Burn is that it hasn't ever worked well as a live song.... up until this tour when James has finally nailed!

But would definitely welcome a Motown comeback... Australia is another of the 'rockier' songs that seems to have been forgotten about that I'd love to see return (although it sounded brilliant on the EMG tour a few years back)
Old 14-10-2021, 18:07
Builder of routine

Barrier. Yesssss
Old 14-10-2021, 20:12
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Barrier. Yesssss
I expect wardrobe and hair updates
Old 14-10-2021, 22:07
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Anything interesting on the setlist? Which songs had to be interrupted for James to sort out another fight? My guess is Let Robeson Sing!

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 14-10-2021, 22:19
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
I expect wardrobe and hair updates
Oh god um White jeans and the jacket with all the patches on, the one with divine youth photo on the back and and changed to black velvet? Jacket ...he did this little marchy dance during design in front of the drums. Think Emily was there so she'll have captured it ...ummm wot did he say ? Oh the Richy story was them on the beach after a gig to 20 people thinking "we'll have you one day and we did many times"
Will that do for now ?
Spectators was back and Robson instead of ocean spray cos Paul Robeson played there once apparently.

It was brilliant again them bouncing all over the stage loads of chat. Sound was good though think it was better in Bournemouth

Security bloke in front of me was a fan ..bobbed his head thru you stole the sun, and design ..got in way of photos tho when James came over lol

Simon price was in attendance but he lives there doesn't he? Brighton I mean not in the dome

I love this band SO MUCH

Did the podcast lads get their audience with the band ?
Old 17-10-2021, 21:08
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
Did the podcast lads get their audience with the band ?
Was this supposed to happen at brighton then? I remember on the pod (or possibly twitter) adam said it almost happened but the band were getting ready for the album release so couldn't commit to it.
Disk beginning to rotate, faster, becoming a sphere of paler gray. Expanding -
And flowed, flowered for him, fluid neon origami trick, the unfolding of his distanceless home, his country, transparent 3D chessboard extending to infinity.
Inner eye opening to the stepped scarlet pyramid of the Eastern Seaboard Fission Authority burning beyond the green cubes of Mitsubishi Bank of America,
and high and very far away he saw the spiral arms of military systems, forever beyond his reach.
And somewhere he was laughing, in a white-painted loft, distant fingers caressing the deck, tears of release streaking his face.