Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 13-05-2011, 13:36
I am purity, they call me perverted

Colin Newman - Roundtable

Does anybody have the recording of Colin Newman from Wire on 6 music or Radio 2 with Steve Lamacq? They were reviewing JCEQT and, as I hear, he was quite rude about the band. I don't know if it was a deep running dislike of MSP or just the song itself, I'd like to find out.

I think he gave the song a 0, which seems very extreme.

Any information would be splendid.

'I've kissed mermaids and rode the El Nino'

"Basically," says Nick, "the song Little Baby Nothing is about women's oppression, so we start with a little girl getting her head jumped on by a horrible old man and end with a woman committing suicide by shooting herself between the legs, having gained her revenge in the meantime by killing all the men." Steven Wells RIP
Old 13-05-2011, 23:33
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

I read elsewhere that the broadcast occurred on April 2nd, 2009, and there's a listing of past shows here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0072lb2/episodes/2009 However, a full recording of that broadcast isn't available there, alas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jj4s7
Old 14-05-2011, 09:02
Doors slowly closing

He hates them. He gave it 0 but conceded it was better than Autumnsong. That's all I remember, apart from Nicky getting upset because he'd been saying that Wire were one of the influences on JFPL and then changing it to 'before they went shit' in a later NME interview.