Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Manic Street Preachers Discussion

Old 28-01-2019, 23:54
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
I remember that person! I didn't post back to them as I've been a steady lurker since I first joined this site back in 03, but I do remember that person. I'm still not convinced it was Rachel, since that poster also had some weird, fangirling FB page dedicated to Richey. Would Rachel do that?

However, I did have a bit of a run-in with the one of the authors of the book on here. She was having a right old go at anyone who didn't believe her "Richey was murdered" theory. Rather than try to expand on the theory, she just resorted to calling us all dumb.
There is a blog post here of Rachel's that links directly to that FB page & has a reply comment to everyone from a 'kezia.' Sara & kezia have been particularly horrifying in comments both on that FB page & here, so we may have to just assume that Rachel isn't who we expected, especially since this book seems to legitimise that they do know each other (Sara was always commenting & promoted by that page, I thought forever that it was most likely just her behind it). I know people are going to buy it, of course, but I'm disgusted by this whole thing. It seems like a grief spiral after finding someone infatuated enough with every detail of her brother's life to keep hope alive & hate all the same people.
Old 29-01-2019, 00:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeley View Post
Sara & kezia have been particularly horrifying in comments both on that FB page & here, so we may have to just assume that Rachel isn't who we expected, especially since this book seems to legitimise that they do know each other (Sara was always commenting & promoted by that page, I thought forever that it was most likely just her behind it). I know people are going to buy it, of course, but I'm disgusted by this whole thing. It seems like a grief spiral after finding someone infatuated enough with every detail of her brother's life to keep hope alive & hate all the same people.
When I heard this book was going to be published, to be brutally honest, I thought it was a self promotion thing by shr seeing how her writing ~career~ never took off. The Kezia posts read like shr. I'm not bitching, just being honest. A book of useless information isn't really the best way to showcase your writing, especially if it's written be a somewhat obsessed fan.

I reread that and I sound harsh, but I really don't see the point of the book. Might as well get Sinead O'Connor to write one all about her correspondence with Richey and her wacky theory. I understand how much grief his sister must feel and how Richey's disappearance is unfinished business she'd rather have answers to, but...all the pondering and armchair psychology, this won't bring him back.
Old 29-01-2019, 00:18
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbag View Post
When I heard this book was going to be published, to be brutally honest, I thought it was a self promotion thing by shr seeing how her writing ~career~ never took off. The Kezia posts read like shr. I'm not bitching, just being honest. A book of useless information isn't really the best way to showcase your writing, especially if it's written be a somewhat obsessed fan.

I reread that and I sound harsh, but I really don't see the point of the book. Might as well get Sinead O'Connor to write one all about her correspondence with Richey and her wacky theory. I understand how much grief his sister must feel and how Richey's disappearance is unfinished business she'd rather have answers to, but...all the pondering and armchair psychology, this won't bring him back.
They wrote identical to me too, but with stuff like that blog post & now articles about this book linking both of them, it seems to actually be Rachel. If it isn't, then someone is walking right into a lawsuit.

Sara always worked as the mouth piece even on that page. I don't understand why Rachel would create a page, never bother to clarify much at all in any obvious manner that it's her, then have some random people also write a book instead of just outright doing it herself. It's always been incredibly strange & uncomfortable.
Old 29-01-2019, 00:22
Banned

Quote:
There is a blog post here of Rachel's that links directly to that FB page & has a reply comment to everyone from a 'kezia.' Sara & kezia have been particularly horrifying in comments both on that FB page & here, so we may have to just assume that Rachel isn't who we expected, especially since this book seems to legitimise that they do know each other (Sara was always commenting & promoted by that page, I thought forever that it was most likely just her behind it). I know people are going to buy it, of course, but I'm disgusted by this whole thing. It seems like a grief spiral after finding someone infatuated enough with every detail of her brother's life to keep hope alive & hate all the same people.
Really?! I took a look at the blog post and saw the comment from Kezia, but the link no longer goes to that Richey page (it just took me back to my FB timeline), I don't doubt you that it once did. I guess they deleted it, whoever was running it.

I'm trying to cut Rachel slack because she must be worried sick 24/7. And I hope she's not letting herself be taken for a ride by these grief-vampires who seem to have latched on to her. But, honestly, I just don't know what to make of it. Turning the band into whipping boys for this is just shitty.

And no, I also am not buying that book. I haven't bought many of the others either, but I have little interest in this one. I'm not getting caught in this crossfire.
Old 29-01-2019, 00:34
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Quote:
I'm trying to cut Rachel slack because she must be worried sick 24/7. And I hope she's not letting herself be taken for a ride by these grief-vampires who seem to have latched on to her. But, honestly, I just don't know what to make of it. Turning the band into whipping boys for this is just shitty.

And no, I also am not buying that book. I haven't bought many of the others either, but I have little interest in this one. I'm not getting caught in this crossfire.
This is the third time I've tried to make this post but kept pressing the back button and looking at something else. See I thought the book had been written by Rachel.
Biggest fear was they got Rachel to write a forward and the authors showed her bits and pieces but not the whole text.
See how it goes, if it backfires and the book gets panned and turns out to be misleading then the grief-vampires strike again. Just have to wait and see. But it's another no sale from me. How many books about Richey have there been?
Old 29-01-2019, 00:35
I live to fall asleep

The link I mean is at the start, where his name is first mentioned. That one still works for me. The one at the very end of the article is dead though.
Old 29-01-2019, 01:10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
This is the third time I've tried to make this post but kept pressing the back button and looking at something else. See I thought the book had been written by Rachel.
Biggest fear was they got Rachel to write a forward and the authors showed her bits and pieces but not the whole text.
See how it goes, if it backfires and the book gets panned and turns out to be misleading then the grief-vampires strike again. Just have to wait and see. But it's another no sale from me. How many books about Richey have there been?

What worried me was the review in the Times (yesterday) where they added a cautionary note: they said it was good, but it was clear the author had an axe to grind with the remaining Manics. They're not going to "reclaim" Richey by slagging off JDB, Sean and Nicky. And yes, I wonder how much Rachel has seen. Probably all of it, only adding her foreword once it was completed.

Quote:
The link I mean is at the start, where his name is first mentioned. That one still works for me. The one at the very end of the article is dead though.
Yes, the link in his name. That just took me back to my own FB timeline so I assumed it was deleted. Ah well.
Old 29-01-2019, 06:12
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
To be fair, the cover image is not chosen by the author. It's chosen by the publishing company. The same goes for the blurb (in which he's called "Richey Manic").
I see that but wouldn’t you believe Rachel has any say in this at all, if she’s involved? If it’s that sensitive to her.
Otherwise I guess she’s furious now.
Old 29-01-2019, 09:10
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Silly me, I didn't link Sara Hawes Roberts to SHR...

SHR's post history on this board is three quarters insulting the band, and the other quarter insulting members of the forum. Stay classy!

Stand back, I have political powers!

Last edited by Routine Builder; 29-01-2019 at 09:32.
Old 29-01-2019, 09:51
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Silly me, I didn't link Sara Hawes Roberts to SHR...

SHR's post history on this board is three quarters insulting the band, and the other quarter insulting members of the forum. Stay classy!
Ewwww. Thanks Routine Builder you've just saved me £14. Order now cancelled!
Old 29-01-2019, 12:27
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplague View Post
I see that but wouldn’t you believe Rachel has any say in this at all, if she’s involved? If it’s that sensitive to her.
Otherwise I guess she’s furious now.
No. Rachel's only provided a bit of a foreword for the book (as I understand it). She's not listed as one of its authors. So she really has zero say in the editing, images or blurb for the finished product.
Old 29-01-2019, 14:30
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Would be interested to find out whether the book explains the context of how it came about. People on here have been oversensitive at times, so the fact that the author might have upset people doesn't put me off (so easy to offend these days).

That said, after all this time coming up with a fresh interpretation of the disappearance and investigation should have required a lot of digging. I hope it's based on genuine research rather than assumption and speculation.
Old 29-01-2019, 15:12
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Boy View Post
Would be interested to find out whether the book explains the context of how it came about. People on here have been oversensitive at times, so the fact that the author might have upset people doesn't put me off (so easy to offend these days).
I'd ask you to look at SHR's post history here. There's upsetting people and then there's dropping into the JBD appreciation thread to call everyone a bunch of idiots. SHR just comes off as a deeply unpleasant person with the online persona of a perpetual teenager with a chip on their shoulder.

Stand back, I have political powers!
Old 29-01-2019, 15:48
Knowlede Is Power

I took a little look at SHR post history and it seems I called her out years ago on her crap theories that she never actually expanded on! Obviously she was saving it all for her book.

Remember this is just my opinion before anyone leaps to her defence but she seems to be an obsessed Richey fanatic who has wormed her way into his sisters life and stirred up loads of shit.

The theories she is putting forward that have been reported are clearly all waffle.
It's been stated in this thread already but how the hell does she know about exact conversations that took place in his hotel room?

The part about him being killed by a hitman actually really made me snort with laughter!

Releasing the book this time of year makes it so very sad and pathetic as well.
A clear cash grab.

I genuinely hope this book fails spectacularly. It will.
Old 29-01-2019, 16:16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
I took a little look at SHR post history and it seems I called her out years ago on her crap theories that she never actually expanded on! Obviously she was saving it all for her book.

Remember this is just my opinion before anyone leaps to her defence but she seems to be an obsessed Richey fanatic who has wormed her way into his sisters life and stirred up loads of shit.

The theories she is putting forward that have been reported are clearly all waffle.
It's been stated in this thread already but how the hell does she know about exact conversations that took place in his hotel room?

The part about him being killed by a hitman actually really made me snort with laughter!

Releasing the book this time of year makes it so very sad and pathetic as well.
A clear cash grab.

I genuinely hope this book fails spectacularly. It will.
You're spot on there. I tried to humour SHR when she stated Richey had been murdered but, like yourself, I heard nothing back. So she's definitely saving all that sensationalist nonsense for the book. Or maybe we just weren't special enough for her profoundly unique insights into Richey's mind? With the Israeli connection, I'm surprised she's not claiming it as a Mossad hit.

It's grim that she's wormed her way into Rachel's life like this, purely to stir up shit between her and the remaining band members. The shit-stirring she's engaged in is no less exploitative than that mad psychic who claims to have Richey as a spirit guide.

Last edited by Velocitygirl; 29-01-2019 at 16:52.