Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 27-09-2021, 14:47
Knowlede Is Power

04/10/21 - York Barbican

Roll call!
Old 03-10-2021, 18:24
Knowlede Is Power

Going to this tomorrow, although the whole move to mobile tickets is proving to be painful. Mine will still not load up in the app. Anyone know if they only appear on the day??
Old 03-10-2021, 19:06
Knowlede Is Power

Mine has been on my phone for a few weeks. I also take the precaution of downloading a copy to my phone in case there are problems with the app on the day. The one time I have forgotten to do this was last night in Manchester, and sure enough the bloody app wouldn't even open at 7pm, so I had a very frantic few minutes trying to find my tickets on the website. Needless to say I have made damn sure to download my York ticket.

I just want paper tickets for everything again, everything being digital is supposed to be better but it's just STRESS
Old 03-10-2021, 19:20
Bored out of my mind

Yeah, I've had mine on my phone for a while as well (although still waiting for Leeds to appear). However, it won't let me transfer the tickets whereas the other gigs have let me. We've needed to do that when I've queued and my husband has turned up after doors, but thankfully he was planning on queuing with me in York anyway.

I hate everything being on apps. Yesterday in Manchester I had Ticketmaster, my NHS pass and O2 Priority all open at once (although they didn't even check I was on O2 after all the fuss their O2 Angels made about needing to download their app to use the Priority queue!).
Old 03-10-2021, 22:17
Builder of routine

You have to download their app? Showing the O2 logo on your phone isn't enough now? .. Not that I am on O2 Ticketmaster app failed to work yesterday tho didn't know what transfer meant so didn't bother with that. I'm scared I might inadvertently cancel my ticket. These apps terrify me
Old 03-10-2021, 23:43
Bored out of my mind

It was enough to just show my phone with the O2 logo in Newcastle but Manchester insisted we all downloaded the O2 Priority app, where you had to activate your Priority access. It came up with a screen with a 4 hour countdown in which you had to use it. But when the doors opened, they never even checked it...I suspect because the staff were too overwhelmed with the covid pass checks, scanning of tickets and bag checks. So it was all totally pointless!

As for transferring tickets in the Ticketmaster app, that's just if you need to transfer the ticket to someone else so it'll appear on their Ticketmaster account rather than your own. It sends an invitation to the selected recipient, they accept it and it moves from your account to theirs. But for whatever reason, that option isn't available for York even though I did it for Newcastle and Manchester.

I wish we could just print our own paper tickets out; I'd rather spend extra money on printer ink than stress over my phone dying or the app crashing.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:18
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
It was enough to just show my phone with the O2 logo in Newcastle but Manchester insisted we all downloaded the O2 Priority app, where you had to activate your Priority access. It came up with a screen with a 4 hour countdown in which you had to use it. But when the doors opened, they never even checked it...I suspect because the staff were too overwhelmed with the covid pass checks, scanning of tickets and bag checks. So it was all totally pointless!

As for transferring tickets in the Ticketmaster app, that's just if you need to transfer the ticket to someone else so it'll appear on their Ticketmaster account rather than your own. It sends an invitation to the selected recipient, they accept it and it moves from your account to theirs. But for whatever reason, that option isn't available for York even though I did it for Newcastle and Manchester.

I wish we could just print our own paper tickets out; I'd rather spend extra money on printer ink than stress over my phone dying or the app crashing.
Oh god wot an absolute pain in the arse insisting u download the app ...I'm going to Bournemouth so more 02 bollix - the Ticketmaster app just won't work on my phone at all anymore ...I'll see if deleting it and reinstalling will fix it ..if not I'm at the mercy of the website. Thank God I have a paper ticket for Brighton
Old 04-10-2021, 09:45
Knowlede Is Power

That O2 app wasn't even compatible with my apparently ancient phone, and there was BLIND PANIC let me tell you. And then they didn't even check it. Bloody Manchester.

York! Sixth gig of the tour for me and I'm starting to feel it. Still really looking forward to it. Really hoping they dump Into the Waves of Urgh tonight though, since its gone down like a lead balloon so far. But I'll be happy with whatever we get.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:25
Builder of routine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marwood View Post
That O2 app wasn't even compatible with my apparently ancient phone, and there was BLIND PANIC let me tell you. And then they didn't even check it. Bloody Manchester.

York! Sixth gig of the tour for me and I'm starting to feel it. Still really looking forward to it. Really hoping they dump Into the Waves of Urgh tonight though, since its gone down like a lead balloon so far. But I'll be happy with whatever we get.
That was a blatant lie. You can join O2 priority on a desktop buying a sim from Poundland. Not everyone has a smartphone. If they try that again tell them to fuck off
Old 04-10-2021, 21:31
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Awaiting updates...
Old 04-10-2021, 22:01
Bored of being bored

From setlist.fm it looks like the same as Manchester but with Frim Despair to Where instead of Stay Beautiful in the acoustic slot.
Old 04-10-2021, 22:43
Knowlede Is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
From setlist.fm it looks like the same as Manchester but with Frim Despair to Where instead of Stay Beautiful in the acoustic slot.
Yep that sounds right. Same as Manchester but From Despair in the acoustic slot.

Had a lot of fun tonight, and the band were terrific, giving it everything. I do feel like this tour might be the best I've ever seen of them. Nice venue, smaller than I expected, so quite intimate.

That said, I did feel like this was the low point of the tour so far. That may be entirely down to my own energy levels, familiarity with the setlist, and so on. Crowd seemed a bit subdued compared to previous nights, but maybe it just looked like that from where I was, and also my hearing was kind of shot early on, so they could have been roaring their heads off for all I know. Tomorrow is my final gig of this tour, at my (second) favourite venue, and I think I was holding back a bit tonight so that I can let it all out tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2021, 13:03
Bored out of my mind

Here's last night's setlist (thanks to Gina for the photo), although James played From Despair to Where acoustic instead of Postcards...definitely prefer the choice we got in the end!

Agree that last night was definitely the most subdued of all the gigs so far (at least of the ones I've done anyway), both crowd and band. Well, apart from the crazy (and very annoying) lady behind us who asked if she could go in front of me to grab James' hand during Tolerate Funnily enough, my answer was no.

I was kind of expecting a Monday night crowd in York to be mellow, though (aforementioned crazy lady being the exception obviously). I seem to remember their Truth gig at the Barbican being like that, but James said that they enjoyed it so much last time, they wanted to come back again. York is a beautiful city to be fair and I do like the Barbican as a venue; it's sort of like a mini Leeds Arena. Although slightly baffled that no one wanted to check our covid passes, but there we are.

As much as I'd have loved to have done Barrowlands, I'm glad I've got a couple of days off before Leeds. My feet and legs need some serious recovery time
Old 05-10-2021, 14:10
Knowlede Is Power

Oh, I forgot as well that the sister of a member of Low Hummer was standing behind me during their slot, telling anyone who would listen how proud she was, and was then VERY LOUD during their set, which was quite funny and sweet.
Old 05-10-2021, 14:50
Knowlede Is Power

I enjoyed it, though I thought the sound on James vocals was poor, he sounded like he was singing under water for the first part of the gig.

Miffed that I couldn't go to the Barras gig on this tour, that is always my favourite venue, but looking forward to Leeds on Thursday.