Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum  

Go Back   Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum > Manic Street Preachers > Live Forum

Old 06-07-2024, 23:08
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopheard View Post
And no, the reason why you've not heard of this is because all but like 2 of these gigs are the MSP on last. Unfortunately, one of these 2 was the Dublin gig.
Suede were/will be on last at Dublin, Eden Project, Leeds, London and Margate. Manics were/will be on last at Llangollen, Cardiff x 2, Edinburgh and Manchester. So it’s a 50/50 split across the tour.
Old 07-07-2024, 01:25
I live to fall asleep

Imagine misunderstanding the concept of a "co-headlining tour" this much. They were touring as 2 equals - neither was regarded as the headliner or support. It's a pretty established norm for co-headlining bands to swap the order throughout the tour - Ozric Tentacles & Gong have done a few tours together like this. I wasn't even attending the tour, and even I knew it was a co-headlining one so would expect the order to change.

Whatever you may personally think of Suede, they were commonly regarded as one of the "big 4" of Britpop when that movement/genre was at its peak, and whilst they split-up for 7 years - they've released 4 albums in the past decade that have seen them get praise and popularity again.
Old 07-07-2024, 13:24
A self-made vacuum

I don't know if there were other means of buying tickets for the Dublin show, but for my mobile Ticketmaster tickets, I received an email from Ticketmaster on 28th June informing of the gate opening time (7pm) and stage times for both bands.

On 2nd July at 5:15pm, a further email was sent that stated an earlier Gates time (6pm), which I can see as a bit unhelpfully last minute. I got there around 6:30pm anyway for a planned 7pm Gates opening time.
Old 07-07-2024, 18:32
Freed from the century

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl View Post
Suede were/will be on last at Dublin, Eden Project, Leeds, London and Margate. Manics were/will be on last at Llangollen, Cardiff x 2, Edinburgh and Manchester. So it’s a 50/50 split across the tour.
And this isn't even the first tour these two bands have done together. In exactly this same format.
Old 07-07-2024, 19:34
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentMan View Post
Imagine misunderstanding the concept of a "co-headlining tour" this much. They were touring as 2 equals - neither was regarded as the headliner or support. It's a pretty established norm for co-headlining bands to swap the order throughout the tour - Ozric Tentacles & Gong have done a few tours together like this. I wasn't even attending the tour, and even I knew it was a co-headlining one so would expect the order to change.

Whatever you may personally think of Suede, they were commonly regarded as one of the "big 4" of Britpop when that movement/genre was at its peak, and whilst they split-up for 7 years - they've released 4 albums in the past decade that have seen them get praise and popularity again.
In fairness, I've been to a couple of gigs in the past year which have been stated to be co-headline tours (Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Ash/The Subways) where the same band has been the closer every night.

Whilst I wouldn't expect a band to start half an hour after doors open, I make a habit of always double checking stage times before going to a gig, especially if the openers are worth seeing.
Old 07-07-2024, 22:26
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopheard View Post
the band nobody has heard of since 1996
What, you mean the band whose four albums since their reformation have all made the top 10, the last one peaking at number 2? Yes, a proper obscurity.